Assistance & guidance
What we do
Fonix is a leading mobile payments and messaging provider for businesses across media, charity, gaming, mobility and digital services.
Fonix has over 100 clients including ITV, Bauer Media, BT, Global Radio, Comic Relief and Children in Need.
Fonix’s payment and messaging services can be used for making charity donations, entering competitions, making cash deposits, ticketing and access to a range of digital services. The transactions are charged to a consumer mobile phone bill.
For more information about phone-paid services and how to identify any unknown charges on your phone bill, visit www.phonecharges.org.
To see which organisation has applied the charge to your phone bill, you only need your mobile phone, there is no need to create an account.
Simply enter your mobile number into the customer care area below, we will send you an SMS message with a token code, then enter the token code into the website.
It will bring up the charges and contact details of any companies that have charged you in the last 3 months that have been processed by Fonix.
For older charges please contact us on +44  20 8114 7000.
If your payment is failing this could be for a number of reasons:
- You may have reached your spend limit, there is a £240 per month limit which is a legal requirement.
- Your account may have been blocked (from third parties or premium charge numbers) by your Mobile Network Operator.
- Are you an Android user? Android phones automatically block third-party messages, this can be changed in your settings on your mobile phone.
- Your mobile network provider has not enabled mobile billing for this particular service.
To confirm if any of the above apply to your account please speak to your mobile network provider.
Firstly, you need to consider that you may not be subscribed to a service – you may have made a one-off payment (e.g. a donation to a charity or an entry into a competition).
However, if you have multiple payments to the same service, it is likely that you have a subscription.
Both subscriptions and one-off payments can be made in a number of ways:
- You may have texted a keyword to a shortcode (5-digit number, e.g. 85525).
- You may have tapped through 2 payment screens to confirm a payment whilst using your mobile phone.
- You may have downloaded an app, set up an account and paid within the app.
To cancel a subscription, you will need to call the company providing the service, directly.
To find their contact details, enter the mobile number in the customer care search box, you will be provided with an overview of past transactions, with the name and contact details of the subscription you wish to cancel.
The General Data Protection Regulation is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The regulation ensures that individuals have control over their personal data. You can read a full explanation of Fonix’s compliance with GDPR on our legal page.
Due to GDPR, Fonix must not provide any information to a consumer verbally regarding the nature of charges on their mobile phone bill.
If your charges aren’t showing up on our system, it’s either because:
- The mobile number has been entered incorrectly.
- It is another company that has charged you, not Fonix.
- The charge was applied over 3 months ago.
Consumers have the right to access their personal data held by Fonix Mobile PLC. If you wish to enquire about your data which Fonix Mobile Ltd holds, you can make a data subject access request (DSAR). You can either make the request in writing, or by filling out the form at the bottom of this page. To protect consumer data, we will need to complete a security check to confirm that you are the handset user/owner of the mobile number. You will be asked for the following details:
- Date of Birth.
- Copy of the mobile phone bill.
- Proof of identity e.g. a copy of a valid passport or driving licence.
Once this has been confirmed we will send you a written response. Responses can take up to one month.
Look up my charges
Here you can view and manage past payments via your mobile operator bill. If a payment you have made is not displayed in the overview, please contact the provider of the service directly.
Use the customer care area below to look up your charges. There is no charge for this service, for security we will need to verify your mobile.